Camp Chef / Kitchen Hand
Cedar Ridge Camp is a traditional Summer Camp and year-round Outdoor Education Centre. Cedar Ridge Camp provides a classic camp experience for children from Ontario and around the world. We offer a safe, friendly atmosphere for children to develop physical and emotional skills while learning to live together comfortably in an outdoor environment.
Cedar Ridge Camp is looking for a chef to complement our current Kitchen Staff. We encourage candidates to be familiar with cooking for children in a camp or group setting. This role will assist our Head Chef in creating and administrating the planned menu. The Camp Chef will be responsible for providing quality food services for a variety of groups from May 1st – November and January – March.
- Providing daily well-balanced meals to campers and groups
- Maintaining a clean, safe and friendly working environment
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations meet Ministry of Health Standards
- Preparing meals for various individuals with special diets and allergies
- Working with the Head Chef to manage kitchen staff and food budgets
- Experience as a Chef/Cook or Kitchen hand.
- Experience working in an industrial kitchen
- Experience in menu planning.
- Criminal record check
- Food Handlers Certification and WHMIS (can be achieved while at camp)
Salary is based on experience.